Festivals and Events
Catch the Spirit of Fun
Part of having a good quality of life is having fun. Wellington offers a series of festivals and events for young and old alike. Being about an hour drive from the Cleveland/Akron/Canton metroplex and almost Columbus, along with being close to many of Ohio’s major attractions, Wellington’s festivals and events are a nice day trip or an excellent stop as part of a larger vacation.
- Gazebo Garden Tour - shop for homemade garden-related crafts and plants on the Village Green.
- Village Wide Sidewalk and Yard Sales - visit merchants downtown and residents throughout the Village to find unique and bargains.
- The Wellington Farmer's Market will be held at Howk Memorial Park 115 Willard Memorial Square, Fridays, 5:00 pm - 7:00, pm June - October. Buy from local artisans and locally grown produce.
- Ohio Scottish Games - a huge Scottish festival with musical and athletic competitions, themed food, bagpipe bands, performers and the gathering of the clans.
- Friday Concerts in the Park - bring your own chair or blanket and enjoy musical presentations at the gazebo on the Village Green.
- Old Fashioned Fourth of July Celebration in the Park - two days of celebrating patriotism and the birthday of our nation. Kid’s activities, a parade, a band concert and an ice cream social and, of course, fireworks at the fairgrounds.
- Wellington Cheese Heritage Festival - fun cheese-related contests, activities for the kids, a parade, car show, races and a wine and cheese tasting area.
- Lorain County Fair - one of, if not, the biggest county fairs in Ohio, national level grandstand entertainment, all of the great things you expect in a county fair and maybe a few you do not, like a combine demolition derby and celebrity donkey races.
- Harvest of the Arts - nice quality handmade crafts and food on the Village Green and in the Town Hall.
- Annual LaGrange Engine Club Show - a gathering of those who are interested in old farm tractors and engines at the fairgrounds. Demonstrations, swap meet, tractor pulls and lots of old farm equipment to see.
- Annual Lakeshore Railway Haunted Train Ride - riders enjoy a spooky ride in the dark to a scary area where only the brave passengers detrain for a walk through the railway's haunted woods. Jack-o'-lanterns and luminaries are the only lights along the pathway where ghosts and strange creatures reside. Survivors are treated to cider beside a bonfire before the train returns to civilization. The path is entertaining to young children; however, it is not recommended for children under three years old.
- Christmas in the Village - Christmas parade, Santa arrives, craft bazaars and merchant specials to start the Christmas season.
- Holiday Home Tour - visit some of Wellington’s grand century homes to see the wonderful holiday decorations.